Inventory of (bio)chemicals
The purpose of the registration of chemical and biological compounds is twofold:
- to know which substances are “in house” and where they are located, saving quests and duplicate orders
- to be accountable to bodies such as environmental inspection, fire department, labour inspection, customs and security agencies on the nature, quantity and use of existing (risk) substances.
By a live link with Chemwatch, properties of substances can be displayed directly in the Inventory Module (hazards, precautionary measures, mini-MSDS, ADR class, CMR properties et cetera). Also, with a simple “click”, selections are made and totals are calculated for certain categories of substances. This simplifies the reporting obligations to outside agencies significantly.
On door signs (see Area-Risks Classification) the amount of hazardous substances per ADR class is displayed, retrieved from the database.
The Inventory module is further linked to the OHS&E Map (registration of organisational units, persons, roles) to provide personalised permissions. Newly purchased substances enter the Inventory via the linked Web Order form and are labelled with a unique barcode. Empty bottles leave the system by scanning-out the barcodes. In this way the inventory is always up-to-date.
- Create first time inventory by scanning supplier’s barcodes, linked to a supplier’s integrated catalogue
- Link container to location: cabinet – shelf – bin
- Print Lab Servant barcodes to uniquely identify each container and its location and owner
- Scan containers to new owner or (temporary) location
- Scan empty bottles to remove them from the inventory
- Alert at low level of stock and re-order compounds with just a few clicks
- Print standard overviews for compliance management towards external authorities